Fountainhead Montessori is dedicated to the education of children in an environment designed to stimulate and develop the child’s love of learning. The child learns to choose from a wide variety of academic, cultural, artistic, and self-care activities.
The Montessori philosophy leads to the development of a child’s strong sense of self-esteem, dignity, independence, self-direction, and awareness of the community. Social and emotional development is fostered in a nurturing atmosphere.
- Our well-established program has been serving children and families since 1972, meeting and exceeding established standards for high-quality childcare.
- We offer a full Montessori program from our mission statement to our materials, including mixed-age classes and teachers dedicated to the Montessori philosophy and method of education.
- Among our excellent, caring teachers, 90 percent of our head teachers have over 10 years of Montessori experience, and all are loving, creative, supportive educators who know the potential and needs of the age group they work with.
- Over 75 percent of our highly qualified staff has a bachelor's degree or higher.
- For Fountainhead staff without a credential, we pay for them to earn a fully accredited Montessori teaching credential through our own training program (FMAE) and the California State University system.
- Most of our trained assistants have Montessori training above and beyond the required early childhood education classes.
- We are proud of our many long-term employees and low turnover.
- We offer care for children 18 months through 6th grade, depending on location.
- We offer year-round childcare and are open Monday through Friday (except national holidays), so care is always available.
- Our curriculum is inclusive, nondenominational, and reality based.
- Our school sites are constantly updated.
- Classes are well supplied with Montessori and support materials.
- We're open 7 a.m.–6 p.m. (or 6:30, depending on location), so care is always available if needed.
- Our flexible hourly childcare is available both before and after class.
- No toilet training is required for attendance.
- We are a member of the American Montessori Society (AMS).
- We are proud of our multicultural community of staff and families.
- We are big enough to have great administration and support staff, yet small enough to give each child and family individual attention.
- We have five facilities to serve you and your family:
DANVILLE, DUBLIN, LIVERMORE, ORINDA, PLEASANT HILL
- We are a privately held nonprofit organization. Fountainhead puts all of our efforts into the classrooms and our teachers.
- Our very flexible schedules are tailored to individual needs and budgets.
- Flexible childcare is available both before and after class, billed to the minute—you only pay for what you use.
- Our year-round program has separate billing for those who take the summer or breaks off.
- There is no active or required fund-raising.
- We don't require parent work commitments.
- There are no materials, registration, enrollment fee, or wait-list fees
Observe a Class
By observing a class you will get a feel for the environment and curriculum. Feel free to observe multiple classrooms to make sure you have the best fit possible for your child.
Goals of the Classroom
Our classrooms, which we call the prepared environment, will allow your child a great deal of independence within a defined structure.
Choosing the Right Class
Our teachers can offer invaluable guidance. We want your child to be happy and successful at Fountainhead, just as you do.
Is Montessori right for my child?
Observe a class and see if Fountainhead is the best placement for your family. By observing a class you will get a feel for the environment and curriculum. Feel free to observe multiple classrooms to make sure you have the best fit possible for your child.